To paraphrase the saying, When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, I say, When apples are falling all around your head, Make Applesauce! But not just any applesauce. This recipe has a magic ingredient.
It’s late Fall, cold and raining. You could be sitting by the fire listening to music. Cutting apples. It’s not a chore, but a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
If you’ve got an apple tree and don’t know what to do with those extra apples,make applesauce with this easy recipe:
To make this easy wash the apples, but don’t peel them.
- Take out the core
- Cut off any bad spots
- Put them in the pot
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, a little salt
- NO Sugar necessary!
- No water needed, the apples have plenty
- ADD the magic ingredient: 1 Teaspoon Rose Water per pot
- Simmer on low heat about half an hour or until the apples are soft.
- Eat warm with vanilla yogurt,
- Or put in the fridge and it will last a couple of weeks.
Super Simple, Super Delicious